- A candidate can be an individual or a representative of a business team, which can comprise multiple members. In the case of Business Plan Competition, a winning candidate will be asked to divide the grant seed fund equally between the team members.
- Candidate’s principal business operation must be located in India or Nepal.
- As on September 10, 2012, candidates must be 18 years or older in case they are applying for the Business Plan Competition. And 21 years or older in case they are applying for the Business Accelerator Program.
- There is no guarantee, expressed or implied, that any candidate will receive an award. Should no entries into the competition meet the entry criteria, should no entry have a reasonable chance for success and should the judges determine no winner exists for the competition, no award will be made.
- Each candidate must sign an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release on the first day of the training program at the S.P. Jain campus, Mumbai.
- No candidate may be included as a “team member” on more than one business plan, and no candidate/business may enter more than one business plan.
- The decision of the judges are final.
- TNS reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, at its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Program or any entrant’s participation in the Program should unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond TNS’s control, affect the administration, security, or proper conduct of the Program. No responsibility is assumed and candidates waive all claims for lost, late or misdirected entries, or for any problems of technical malfunction.
- Candidates who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Program or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to the Program, or any other candidate (in each case as determined in TNS’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Program. TNS reserves the right to lock out any candidate whose eligibility is in question.
- By applying, candidates, without limitation, release and hold harmless TNS and the organizers from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind in connection with the Program.
- By entering this Program, participants agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity or error in these Official Rules or in the Program itself.
- TNS reserves the right to evaluate and change application category between Business Plan Competition and Business Accelerator with email notification sent to applicants.
- TNS shall announce a waitlist along with a list of selected candidates on this website. Once TNS declares the list of selected candidates, candidates will be permitted 7 calendar days to book tickets and send a scanned copy to email@example.com. After 7 days, candidates on the waitlist shall be invited (in chronology) if selected candidates do not book tickets.
- Candidates are to book their own tickets (travel reimbursement up to Rs 1000/- per candidate will be given by TNS) as follows:
- Cost of accommodation and meals during the training period, the fee for the 7-day training as well as the fee for mentoring businesses at settlements till 31 July 2013,is not chargeable to candidates.
- The names of the 5 award winners of the Business Plan Completion will be announced at the end of the program on 16 September 2012.
Depart from S.P. Jain campus Mumbai between Sunday, September 16, 2012 (8pm) and Monday, September 17, 2012 (10am).
If the business does not have a current account then the amount will be disbursed once the account is made. We chose ‘current account’ for disbursal of grant against ‘saving account’ in order to direct use grant money only for business purpose and not for personal use. Details of the account including A/c no. and a scanned copy of the account opening letter / passbook should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Rs.1 lakh will be deposited to each winner’s business account (this is the net amount after tax deduction).
The amount will be disbursed into each winner’s account by 5 October 2012 or 20 days after commencement of the current account, whichever date is earlier.
His Holiness – The Dalai Lama
in the Book of Love and Compassion